Home Forums Tell Us Your Quit Smoking Story Jon's Quit Smoking Story and Success

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  psiquitsmoking 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

psiquitsmoking
    Keymaster

Hi, I’m Jon. My quit smoking story was simple … sort of. I stopped smoking in 2000. I was a typical social smoker for about 15 years mostly while drinking with friends although I did smoke on other occasions. My health seemed to be ok but I knew that I should quit smoking to be healthier and prolong my relationship with my then girlfriend since my girlfriend said she did not want to kiss me anymore with bad cigarette breath – so I had to quit to keep the relationship going in a positive direction.

Also I wanted to stop smoking since I was now a “born again” Christian and to me personally smoking cigarettes was not honoring God. I was in a way abusing my God-given healthy body that was also the temple of the Holy Spirit.

I quit in 2000 by basically going “cold turkey.” It took me about 3 “cold turkeys” tries to stop but I finally did it! I used shear will power to quit and some personal psychology. I said to myself, “Self we need to quit smoking. So I know that I could easily go to the convenient store down the street and buy a pack of Marlboro Lights and smoke a cig. BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO DO THAT AND I REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO MY URGES AND TEMPTATIONS!” I also prayed to God to help deliver me from my addiction to nicotine and the nervous addiction of “flicking” my figure such as to flick the ashes off the end of my burning cigarette.

So I hope my quit story helps and encourages you to also quit smoking.

Thanks for reading my quit story. I wish all of you much success in quitting.

Sincerely,

JD.

PS. A good friend of mine still smokes but he has “cut back” dramatically by using NicOut on the tips of his cigarette filter. He said it really helps him reduce all the chemical crap that a cigarette filter doesn’t filter.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.